The Spanish Guitar Centre has a wide range of handmade classical guitars, music and accessories.
The Spanish Guitar Centre was founded in 1954 by Jazz and classical guitarist Michael Watson, a student of Andres Segovia. Chris Gilbert has now run the centre for more than 40 years.
For over half a century the Centre has been the country’s premier source of guitars, music, strings and accessories. The Spanish Guitar Centre was one on the very first importers of instruments from guitar workshops all over Spain and led the way in championing the talents of luthiers in the U.K.
The Guitar Centre provides Instruments for the complete beginner through to the concert player, with people travelling from all over the country/world to make purchases.
All guitars are checked, set up and if necessary, restrung before sale – this attention to detail is our hallmark. Our comprehensive mail order system covers all stocks and the Centre is a specialist in the export of instruments worldwide.
The original aim of the centre was to provide expert guitar tuition and it remains a School of the Guitar, with tuition provided by professional guitarists, many of whom also teach in schools and colleges throughout Bristol and the UK.
© 2017 Spanish Guitar Centre – All Rights Reserved
We’re not around right now. But you can send us an email and we’ll get back to you, asap.
- You are here
Follow @PMTHouseOfRock on Twitter
Follow PMTBristol on Facebook
Follow pmthouseofrock on Instagram
Reasons to visit PMT Bristol
Professional Music Technology’s Bristol music shop is proud to be the go-to music store for Bristol’s legendary music scene, with over 10,000 square foot of guitars, drums, keyboards and pro-audio equipment to fulfil Bristol’s musicians, producers, and DJs every need.
Bristol Music Shop
As Bristol’s biggest music store, we also have an extensive array of studio monitors, synthesizers, MIDI keyboards and computer software, for Bristol’s next Massive Attack, Tricky or Portishead! Plus, our friendly experts will help you find what you’re looking for amongst the tons of amazing gear, whether you’re looking for your first acoustic guitar or your next duophonic synthesizer.
The Best Guitar Shop in Bristol
Professional Music Technology is renowned for its esteemed reputation as a premier guitar shop, and you’ll find nowhere better than PMT Bristol to satisfy your 6-stringed cravings or get your first guitar.
Fender , Gibson and PRS guitars line Bristol’s lengthy guitar walls, along with a whole host of acoustics including Martin and Taylor guitars. Or if you prefer to pluck, pick or slap a bass guitar, our bass department has everything from Musicman to Fender Basses in stock, alongside the cheeky little one-offs and PMT Exclusives!
PMT Bristol is also an authorised Gibson , Gibson Custom Shop and Epiphone dealer stocking a wide range of electric and acoustic guitars from this world class brand. If you’re looking for Gibson or Epiphone guitars in Bristol, call in store today to try some out for yourself!
Not only that, PMT Bristol is also an Ibanez Prestige dealer, meaning we exclusively stock limited models of high-end Ibanez basses and guitars that are sure to impress on and off stage.
Alongside the axes, there is a massive range of guitar amplifiers, guitar accessories, guitar pedals, straps, guitar strings and anything else you might need to keep your creative juices flowing. There are also plenty of used and pre-loved guitars to choose from our part exchange service, so if you’d like to paw over someone’s old gear or even come in to the shop and swap your old equipment for something new and shiny, give us a call.
Bristol’s Music Production & DJ Shop
At PMT Bristol, we’re more than just a guitar shop – we’re super-clued up on our studio and DJ equipment too! With several experts in music technology employed, we are home to the city’s biggest collection of studio monitors, synthesizers, music production software, audio interfaces, mixers, DJ decks and turntables from Numark, KRK, Pioneer, Focusrite, Moog, Nord and Korg. We’re also one of the few official Native Instrument specialists and ADAM Audio Authorised Listening Centers in the country. We’re also an official dealer for Universal Audio , which means we will always have stock available of the latest interfaces, DSP processors and software suites from UA for you to try and buy in store.
The PMT Bristol music store is also home to a Roland Planet and Yamaha Pulse Zone. Rocket over to Planet Roland to find a plethora of the latest keyboards, digital pianos and electronic drum kits with our dedicated in store Roland representative to help you out every step of the journey, or speed into the Yamaha Pulse Zone crammed with keyboards, mixing desks, power amplifiers and subwoofers.
And if you want to raise the roof at parties or clubs, PMT Bristol has a huge selection of PA systems, active and passive speakers, microphones and wireless equipment, and outdoor sound solutions. We are also official QSC and RCF retailers.
Bristol Drum Shop
If you’re not a singer, a DJ, a music producer, a guitarist or a bassist, don’t panic! There’s an entire section of drum kits and percussion instruments to be found in the music store.
Try out the Pearl, Grestch, Premier, Mapex, Yamaha, DW Drums and Natal drum kits set up and ready to play in the shop. Or perhaps you’re in need of an electronic drum kit from Roland , Yamaha or Alesis? There’s also walls filled with Zildjian, Sabian and Paiste cymbals, plus tonnes of snares and drum sticks to choose from.
In addition to our huge selection of drums for sale in PMT Bristol, we have a great selection of kids drum kits and junior drum kits for children of all ages. Whether your child is in elementary school or secondary school, we’ve got the perfect drum kit to suit their age and musical style. Call in to speak to our drum experts and see a fantastic selection of children’s drum kits as well as a host of professional level acoustic and electronic kits.
Church Audio System and PA Experts – Bristol
When you need the best advice and the biggest selection of Church audio equipment, speak to our in-house Church PA system experts at Professional Music Technology, Bristol.
Our team have many years of experience supplying complete, installed live sound solutions for halls, Churches and venues of all sizes and can help you find the right Church sound systems to suit the needs of your congregation.
Whether you need to find out which is the best mixer for Church PA systems or need a complete Church sound system installation with aftercare included, our team can help you find the right solution. We have one of the biggest selections of PA products in the country and can supply everything from Church PA speakers, wireless handheld microphones for Church sound systems, audio mixers and so much more.
We offer easy to manage finance packages for Church PA systems, allowing you to get the best Church PA system set up on the same day, without the need for a hefty up-front cost. Speak to our experts today to find out more.
Contact us at Professional Music Technology Bristol via phone for more information. We can create a bespoke Church Audio system to suit the needs of your congregation, including wireless mics for Church sound systems, PA speakers for Church audio systems and install everything to ensure a visually clean area at all times.
How to Get Here
In the city: PMT Bristol is a 4-minute walk from the Bristol Shopping Quarter.
By bus: The nearest bus stop is on Rupert Street and the buses that stop there are: Cribbs Causeway 2 & 40, Henbury 41, Bristol City Centre 50 & 51, Nailsea 55, Bristol City Centre 57, Severn Beach 624 and Nailsea X54. The bus stop is just across the road from the shop!
By train: The nearest station to the shop is Bristol Temple Meads station and it is a 20-minute walk to the shop.
By car: Rupert street is found on the A38. Parking is available at the front of the shop and there is also a multi-story car park on Rupert Street.
- Andy DavisI bought a TC Electronic BG250-115 bass amp from the Bristol store last December (2014), 11 months later it developed a fault. Dave at PMT Bristol found a copy of the receipt, and took it in for repairs under warranty. 6 days later my BG250 is back in full working order. Really great service and a great bunch of guys!
- Kelvin HerbertFrom calling the Bristol store to check stock, getting it put by for me and collecting the Theremini, found the service 10/10. Plus, to find people who genuinely want to help and talk about what I wanted made the experience a pleasure.
Would recommend PMT to anybody wanting any instrument.
- OwenWasn’t sure what I wanted but called the store to check if they had an OTB500 and RH450 to try out. They ordered in the OTB500 and let me know when it was there so I could go in and try both heads out with a number of cab variations. Was given free reign to turn up and hammer about for a few hours while coming to a decision so that I was certain I was making the right decision. Great experience, would highly recommend!
- John FleetThis guitar is really nice, came well protected and next day delivery. After-sales support was brilliant and everyone at PMT is very professional. Thanks to Lee for his help and advice for explaining unboxing and readying for play!
- Alan SmithI have been to this store in Bristol a couple of times I was waiting to see Lee Town, who was temporarily not available, so Andy Smith and I had a chat. I can not believe the time these two guy’s give to their customers – nothing seems to be too much trouble I would like to thank Lee and Andy for their time. I will always use this store and I came away with the guitar I liked after playing loads of others. The service is excellent I would recommend these two guys if you need a new guitar – cheers Lee and Andy, you’re a credit to your company.
- Malcolm BennettWe needed to select the right speakers for our Church. Lee Town was not only very helpful and patient, he gave us lots of advice and demos of various options to choose from, plus a good deal and fast turnaround on delivery. Will most definitely come back again for our next purchase. Well done guys.
- Robert JonesHi, just a quick thank you for the great service I received from both the Bristol store and the Manchester store. In brief, saw a pre-loved Larrivee DO5 on the site which was in the Bristol store. I contacted Lee at the store to discuss, and to my great surprise and delight, Lee arranged for the guitar to be shipped to Manchester for a no obligation viewing! Guitar arrived in Manchester and the guys there (I think Tony?) contacted me to let me know it had arrived. I visited the store to try it out, discovered the action was slightly high for my liking and the strings were of a higher gauge to my preference, the tech guy adjusted the neck and fitted a set of 10’s on the guitar for no extra cost! Also did me a great deal on part-ex. The whole experience was hassle free, it felt like nothing was too much trouble and the whole experience was a delight. Wanted to thank the teams in both Bristol and Manchester for their first-rate customer service. If your looking for a great experience in what can sometimes be a daunting place, then look no further than your local PMT store. Thanks again guys…
- PhilipI spoke to Lee Town on the phone – very helpful. Came into the Bristol store, parked outside, was led to my waiting guitar: Faith Naked Venus Mahogany, choice of two, seat, stands, acoustic amp – couldn’t have asked for more. Lee: you are a credit to your company, I would recommend you to anyone. I bought the guitar and I love it – a stellar instrument.
- Richard HenseyI bought the wrong guitar, but PMT very kindly agreed an exchange which got me out of trouble – and then carried out a full set-up on the new guitar free of charge. They have been truly helpful and friendly throughout.
- Colin FrechterLast week I bought a Roland RV 730 and case from Jack at your store in Bristol. His knowledge and patience were excellent. However the delivery company (DPD) got the address and postcode wrong. so they promised to sort it for me. DPD’s tracking app is almost impossible to navigate. Many thanks to your excellent staff. CF
- Nige GregoryTotally blown away with the QSC systems. Joe G superb in explaining the systems and taking the time to run through all options available, just great to listen to quality knowledge, much appreciated, no pressure. Have bought the TouchMix-30 Pro and will be dropping down this weekend for some speakers. This advice and knowledge and ongoing support is invaluable. Why would you buy online when you have this service available. Cheers Joe.
- L FrickerI purchased a Bose L1 model with the bass module 29 July. Please thank Jack and his colleague for their help and understanding to what I required. They explained to me in every detail about this system. No sales talk. They gave me confidence in what they were saying. Full credit to your staff. More than satisfied with this product. Once again thanks to your excellent staff they certainly know about sound. See you again.
- JeremyAfter hours of confusion trawling the web in search of the best value for money electric piano, I gave up. Then serendipity struck. As I was driving through Bristol I spotted PMT. Pulled up right outside and walked in, this is instrument heaven – I didn’t even realise shops like this still existed. Then I met Wez. Within minutes the fog of internet reviews cleared and I was speaking with someone who as a musician knew what they were talking about – thank you Wez. I am now a very happy owner of a Roland FP-30. He can also tell you where to buy the best panini in Bristol!
- MichelleFrom our initial phone call to finding the right midi keyboard & accessories we were competently assisted by Dave, whose helpful manner & friendly service were matched by his extensive knowledge of products & relative price brackets. 5 stars, guys. Will definitely recommend you!
Tell Us About Your Experience
PMT Bristol Music Store Experts