Plans for College and the Future
Plans for College and the Future
Length: 444 words (1.3 double-spaced pages)
Plans for College and the Future
What will I do for the rest of my life? Every person asks this question at some stage of their life, usually during their later teenage years. As a high school junior, I am now asking myself this question. After considerable thought, I have devised a tentative plan for my future. I realize that some of these plans and goals may change over time, but with a plan, the first steps of the journey can begin. To prepare me for the journey, I have taken very challenging high school curriculum, such as Honors and Advanced Placement courses. These classes will not only assist in my admission to college, but have also helped me to develop strong study skills and time management.
While attending college, it is my ultimate goal to become a doctor, either a podiatrist, radiologist, or plastic surgeon. I intend to earn my undergraduate degree at the University of Florida, majoring in chemistry. Then, I plan to attend medical school at the University of Florida, as well. After completing a residency in my specialty, I would like to begin a medical practice somewhere in central Florida .
Very important to my life after completing my education is having a family. It is my dream to become happily married and have children. Family has always been a great part of my life, and I wish to be a loving husband and parent. I am also looking forward to raising my children in the Catholic faith .
As an adult, I have numerous personal goals. Most importantly, I would like to own a home. Also, I would like to pursue my interests of water-sports by owning a boat and my long love of cars by owning a sports car. Other personal interests that will affect my years after college are my love for the outdoors and the thrill of traveling to many new places throughout the world.
As an educated professional in my community, I would like to make a contribution to society and my community. My background in hours of community service has prepared me for this and shown me its value.
Click the button above to view the complete essay, speech, term paper, or research paper
How to Cite this Page
“Plans for College and the Future.” 123HelpMe.com. 02 Dec 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.
Check your paper »
My Future Plans For College And Getting A Master ‘s Degree Essay
– My future plans include graduating high school, going to college and getting a master’s degree in Nursing. The career I chose is Nurse Practitioner also known as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). To my knowledge Nurse Practitioner includes checking up on patients, prescribing medication, order treatments, and informing patients. The workplace would be fast paced and fast decisions have to made. You are entrusted daily with the lives of patients and can range from situations such as flu to more complicated like providing care to patients in the extensive care unit…. [tags: Nursing, Nursing specialties, Registered nurse]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
The Health of College Students Essay
– Rob Geis, a current college student, explains, “A student is not at fault for unwanted weight gain. It is the college meal plans that cause the gain in weight. Many colleges require incoming freshmen to be on a meal plan” (Geis). Parents like the meal plans because they know their child is getting meals every day, but the plan does have its downsides. Geis believes that many students do not eat three meals every day. “If we don’t eat every meal we are given, we are wasting our money which was used to buy the meal plan…. [tags: college meal plans]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
For The Parents Future College Scholars Movement Essay
– For the parents Future College Scholars Movement will provided individuals with a one day workshop that will focus on educating parents about what they need to know for their child to gain admissions to college. The work shop will also have information regarding how to pay for college and what parents can do to prepare students for their senior year. The workshop will be provided in host cities and will correspond with Future College Scholar Movement parent workshop. For educators Future College Scholars Movement will provided one day workshops, and small group consulting to teachers, counselors and principals…. [tags: High school, Education, College, Learning]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
Essay on My Future Plans As A Biomedical Scientist
– My future plans are to become a biomedical scientist. Biomedical scientists serve in all levels of health science research from basic science working with cell cultures to human clinical trials experimenting the most cutting-edge breakthroughs to maximize human quality of life. I am interesting in researching rare diseases. There are many rare diseases that affect small proportions of the population and unfortunately go unnoticed for reason. Unfortunately, usually it is because therapeutic agents for these diseases would have a much smaller market than therapeutics for common diseases…. [tags: Nutrition, Health, Epidemiology, Public health]
2098 words (6 pages)
Personal Experience: College Education Essay
– College Essay Education has always been important to me, especially since only a few of my family members have graduated from college. I have faced several obstacles growing up and many people, even some of my family members, believed I could not surpass them, but I did. These hardships have only given me the drive to reach my goal: acquiring a college degree. My father’s struggle has been my biggest inspiration. My father had a very difficult childhood and only received a portion of his high school education…. [tags: father, advice, life, plans]
524 words (1.5 pages)
College Costs and Debt Essay
– From the beginning of an education in preschool, to the time of graduation 14 years later, everything learned, interpreted, analyzed, understood, or even misunderstood has its effect in the future. The question is always “what do you want to be when you grow up?” As you age, the career dreams develop into a more mature answer. No matter how anyone is raised, there is always someone pushing at least one other person to go to college. Then, that silly career question is turned around on them, “how exactly do you expect me to afford college?” Roughly, about $809.6 billion is spent on college in the United States each year…. [tags: College, Education, Tuition]
948 words (2.7 pages)
Essay on Getting into College and Taking the ACT
– Until this past spring I hadn’t thought much about what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go for college. One day in the spring the junior class had a meeting in the auditorium about taking our ACT test and college plans. After that meeting I realized I needed a change, getting into college wasn’t going to be a breeze, kind of how I had treated high school. Although I always considered myself to be fairly smart, I never had put much effort into school, but after seeing the facts and requirements to get into schools, and especially after hearing Ms…. [tags: Standardized Testing, College Admission Test]
799 words (2.3 pages)
College Athletes Need Stipends, Not Payments Essay
– Many problems exist in college sports today. One of the major problems in college athletics today is the issue of athletes receiving impermissible benefits from colleges and their boosters. It seems as if players and universities are constantly under NCAA investigation for impermissible benefits. College athletics today and the perceptions of them are changing. Some people are just plain sick of the NCAA and their old-fashioned rules. There are many different opinions of what the NCAA should do regarding payment for players…. [tags: College Sports, Issues, NCAA]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
Essay on Future In Diplomacy
– My interest in conflict resolution was shaped by the circumstances of my birth. As the product of an American father and Israeli mother, I had the opportunity to experience life in two nations. Growing up in the United States, I had the privilege of being unfamiliar with the threat of war. I went through the day, like many young Americans, never worried about the future of the nation I call home. However, spending each summer with my Israeli family in Tel Aviv, I was introduced to a world of uncertainty…. [tags: Personal Desires/Plans]
650 words (1.9 pages)
A College Education Essay
– A College Education: Did you know that now is the perfect time to seek a college degree and reep the rewards of such an accomplishment. Studies show that in 2008 alone, more adults are finding themselves enrolled in college classes. In a fearless effort to fit in with society many adults have targeted college degrees to gain the success they seek after. This success is both abroad and personal to college graduates. A College Education provides Rewards for ones’ Future; people who earn degrees market themselves for Earning a College Degree, Long-Term and Short-Term Career Goals, Lifestyle Choices and Financial Growth…. [tags: College Education Benefits]
1671 words (4.8 pages)