Top 70 Narrative Essay Topics
Narrative Essay Topics
In a narrative essay, the writer tells a story about his/her personal experience. However, treating a narrative essay like an interesting bedtime story would be a mistake. It goes further. In this type of essay, the writer should speak about his/her experience within a specific context, such as a lesson learned. With a narrative essay, the writer not only entertains the reader but also teaches him, illustrating his point of view with a real-life example.
If you are assigned to write a narrative essay, here are some narrative writing prompts:
NARRATIVE ESSAY WRITING GUIDE
How to Choose a Narrative Essay Topic?
Choosing an interesting topic and thinking over short story ideas is particularly important. When writing a narrative essay you should think about your life experience in the framework of the assignment’s theme, you would like to speak about. You should always remember that even a tiny event or incident could serve a plot for an interesting narrative story. The point is that it should convey a meaning; it should be a kind of instructive story.
There is a number of helpful techniques helping to invent an essay topic. If you don’t have a clue what experience to describe, you can brainstorm with your friends, surf the Internet or use this list of sample narrative essay topics.
Before getting started to choose a topic from the list provided by our writers, let’s read one of the narrative essay examples:
NARRATIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE
In case you already have the topic to write about but need help with your essay, you can contact our essay writing service in UK to order a custom-written narrative essay with www.essaymasters.co.uk! Our professional writers are available 24/7!
Below is the great list of short story ideas:
TOP 70 Narrative Essay Topics
- If I could go back in time.
- If I could change anything in the history, what would I choose?
- The time I saw the weirdest thing in my life.
- My most frightening experience.
- One thing I’m afraid to lose.
- If I could change one thing about me.
- If I had a billion dollars.
- If I could stop the time.
- The most beautiful thing in the world for me.
- The most pleasant sound for me.
- My first day at a new school.
- The time I lost my friend.
- The time I got a new friend.
- My first day at a new job.
- My most disastrous day ever.
- My happiest day ever.
- The most irritating things in my life.
- An experience that left me disillusioned.
- How I met my fear.
- The moment I overcome my phobia.
- The achievement I’m proud of.
- My most dangerous experience.
- The journey that has changed me.
- The experience that taught me how appearance can be deceiving.
- My act of heroism.
- My act of cowardice.
- A thing I would like to change in my past.
- My first month of living on my own.
- The most successful day in my life.
- The time I was wrong about the person.
- My sudden act of a kindness.
- What my younger sibling taught me.
- A time when I felt that I’m experiencing a historic event.
- How I started relationships.
- The worst quarrel with my mother.
- An experience I thought I would never have.
- The biggest risk I’ve ever taken.
- Why do I like being alone?
- The hardest decision I’ve ever made.
- The hardest thing I’ve ever done.
- What challenges have I overcome?
- How do I relieve stress?
- What do I do when I feel depressed.
- 5 everyday problems that bother me.
- Who inspires me and why.
- Whom would I ask to come if I had my own Talk-show?
- People that have changed my life.
- Books or movies that have changed my world view.
- Devices playing the biggest role in my life.
- Side effects of my digital life.
- One day or week without an access to the Internet.
- What my profile in social networks tells about me.
- What music inspires me.
- What music can change my mood?
- What movies inspire me.
- What role television plays in my life.
- What television shows have mattered to me?
- What reality-show I would like to participate in.
- What memorable poetry have I learned?
- What books teach me.
- Why do I keep (or don’t keep) a diary or journal?
- What words or phrases I don’t like to use.
- The time I learned that grammar is necessary.
- The greatest conversation of my life.
- The teacher who inspired me.
- The role clubs and teams play in my life.
- My long-time passion.
- What superhero power I would like to have.
- Why I like (or don’t like) cooking.
- Waiting in line story.
More about a narrative essay:
NARRATIVE ESSAY OUTLINE
Have you already chosen a topic for your narrative essay? If not, feel free to contact our professional writers as they will offer a lot of topics to write about. Place an order for getting an instant quote for your narrative essay.
Click here to obtain a discount code from our live support operator
NEED HELP? Start a Live Chat with an Operator, contact us
+441205601072 or send a message
Get your writing assignment done in 4 simple steps
1Fill in order
- Submit your instructions
to writers for free!
- Start receiving proposals from writers
- Chat with preferred expert writers
- Request a preview of your paper
from them for free
3Choose writer &
- Hire the most suitable writer to
complete your order
- Reserve money for paying
- View the progress
- Give suggestions
- Pay only for approved parts
40 Narrative Essay Topics for Writing a Killer Story
When your teacher assigns you with a narrative essay, you might think that you have to bare your soul to the public. Who would like that task? However, we are going to give you one hint: if you don’t want to narrate something personal to others, just make up a story. In this article, you’ll find a list of narrative essay topics that hopefully will inspire you to write your paper. When choosing one, it’s better to be oriented toward a topic that you are able to reveal better. For example, if something very rare such as surviving during a natural disaster happen to you, you should write about it.
Our narrative essay topics that you are going to investigate are divided into four sections – the success story, personal development, resolving the problem, and traveling. When elaborating topics for a narrative essay, we tried to follow readers’ preferences. This means that we made research on what themes are interesting for students. Even if you don’t like the exact wording of the points from our list, you can rewrite them in the way you like more.
Many teachers now don’t give the exact topics because they want you to have more choice. Therefore, you have to look for good narrative essay topics on your own. Try to look for them on reliable sources such as ours. Below, you’ll find 34 easy narrative essay topics for high school students. When completing your narrative essay, take into consideration that it should have a theme. Don’t write just for writing – deliver a certain idea to the reader. Your text should also contain plot, characters, and other components of narration. Be quick to get acquainted with the items below – we wish you to reach your academic ambitions!
The Success Story
- Describe your very first memories. Why do you think you memorized this exact part of your life?
- Did you ever rescue someone from serious injuries? Have you received acknowledgments?
- Tell about the best surprise you prepared for someone of your closest friends or relatives.
- What was the most significant event of a national scale you ever observed or participated in?
- Depict the funniest thing that you were involved in – whether being an active participant or just an observer.
- Describe the day when you just felt happy. Was it about things you were doing, people you were with or just the way you felt?
- What was the luckiest day of your life? What other factors besides luck aided you to get what you wanted?
- What was the most altruistic thing you’ve ever done? Do people whom your actions were directed towards know about what you did?
- Describe a situation in which you acted in a way you didn’t expect from yourself. What were you supposed to do according to your self-perception?
- Have you ever violated your moral principles because of pressure from a certain social group?
- Tell about the first crush on someone from your childhood or early school years. Has this experience influenced your self-esteem?
- Describe the day you understood you were not a child anymore.
- Did you ever regret about not doing or saying something? Would you react another way if this would happen to you now?
- Did you experience a decision that was taken despite your conflicting moral principles? What forced you into doing it that way?
- Tell about the strangest person you met, how it occurred, and why that person appeared weird to you. Would you like to make friends with such people?
- Depict a positive experience of following someone’s advice. How did this experience change your attitude towards taking recommendations from others?
- Tell about the largest disappointment you had. Would you be frustrated about that incident if it was taking place now?
Resolving the Problem
- Describe the most embarrassing experience which occurred to you at school and the way it influenced your relationships with classmates.
- Tell about the toughest fight with a friend. How have you succeeded to reconcile the conflict?
- Depict a dangerous situation you experienced. Would you change the way you acted in that situation if you could? How?
- Have you been bullied by someone? What steps did you take to reduce the bully’s hostility towards you?
- Have you been at risk to miss a very important event in your life? How did you manage to be present at it?
- Tell about something you made to follow your dream or desire despite the decrying of others. Did it really help you to come closer to your dream coming true?
- Have you felt extremely proud of yourself? Tell how it happened and about what you think can make you feel that way again.
- What was the most frightening experience you have had? How did you survive it? Do you try to avoid similar situations now, or do you not feel fear about it anymore?
- Describe circumstances in which your reputation was at risk. How did you succeed to solve the issue?
- Did you make someone change their position about something crucial? Do you think you acted correctly? Should you let a person stay with his or her own beliefs?
- Tell a story about your first experience of traveling without parents. How did you feel being on your own?
- Have you ever missed a plane, train, or bus? What did you do and what did that situation teach you?
- What did your first trip to a village or city (depending on where you live) teach you? Would you visit that place again or even move there?
- Describe the journey you liked the most in you life. What was the key factor which influenced your decision to consider that trip as the best one?
- When you were traveling, something went wrong. Narrate the story. Can you omit being in that situation?
- Did you meet new friends while traveling in a funny way? Share your experience.
- What impressed you the most the first time you traveled abroad? Were you surprised with some traditions of other cultures?
Morality and Ethics
- Have you ever told a white lie in your life? What was the most memorable situation? Was the outcome of the situation positive or negative?
- Tell how you would act if you were one of Cinderella’s sisters. How would you react to the fact that you have a new sister? Would you be jealous? Would you ever feel ashamed from your mother oppressing her?
- How do you behave with strangers? Remember the most memorable situations with strangers. Is it comfortable for you to make friends with strangers? Would you help a stranger in need?
- What do you think about drinking alcohol? Is it morally acceptable to drink alcohol? What was your most negative experience connected with alcohol?
- How would you like to die? Every human being is coming from somewhere and going to somewhere. Tell the perfect ending of your life and why it sounds right for you.
- Do you have your own moral code? Tell about your main moral principles and whether it has helped you to overcome problems.
Topic suggestion tool Find some good topics
14 thoughts on “40 Narrative Essay Topics for Writing a Killer Story”
The topics for a narrative essay are really great and allow to tell really good stories!Reply ↓
These narrative essay topics are really worth to look through and I think they will help me to create a vivid story in my essay.Reply ↓
Unusual narrative topics, especially about traveling. Thanks!Reply ↓
It’s so hard to choose one among this pile of narrative topics.Reply ↓
Describe the day you understood you were not a child anymore – the saddest topic ever T_TReply ↓
Topics are great, but it is rather difficult for me to write a really interesting essay, can you help me with that?Reply ↓
Hello, the best way to get our help is to place an order on https://essayshark.com/Reply ↓
Wow! The best narrative essay ideas I’ve seen!Reply ↓
Maybe, just maybe: do you have some topics about sport?Reply ↓
This is a fabluous resource for inspiration, I like these narrative essay ideas! Can you also share some narrative papers that can be helpful?Reply ↓
Hello, read through our sample – https://essayshark.com/blog/sample-narrative-essay/ . It will give you an idea how to write your own paper.Reply ↓
Writing stories is so not for me(( I need some HELP here!!!!Reply ↓
Don’t hesitate to choose any of our writers https://essayshark.com/ and he/she will help you with pleasure.Reply ↓
I wonder how much time it took to make up all these topics???Reply ↓
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
→ Writer of the Month
- Academic writing
- Dissertation writing
- Essay writing
- EssayShark News
- Writer of the month
- Letter writing
- Presentation writing
- Research paper writing
- Review writing
- Article review samples
- Bibliography samples
- Biography samples
- Book review samples
- Business paper samples
- Case study samples
- Coursework samples
- Critical thinking samples
- Dissertation samples
- Essay samples
- Lab report samples
- Movie review samples
- Poem analysis samples
- Presentation samples
- Research paper samples
- Speech samples
- Summary samples
- Thesis samples
- Speech writing
- Term paper writing
- Baidu Research Paper Example
- Research Paper on Religion: Christianity
- Research Proposal Sample: Innovative Approaches to Contacting Problematic Children
- Psychology Research Paper Example: The Rorschach Test
- Life in Prison Essay: Prisoners’ Rights
What our customers say
Read the latest testimonials
- About Us
- Contact Us
- User Reviews
- Become a Freelance Writer
- Essay Writing App
- FAQ for Customers
- Terms & Conditions
- Confidentiality Policy
- Money Back Guarantee
- Ratings & Awards
- Essay Writers
- Personal Statement Help
- Paper Writers
- Personal Statement Writing Service
- Coursework Writing Service
- College Paper Writing Service
- Assignment Help
- Topic Suggestion Tool
- Sample Papers
- Thesis Writing Service
- Buy Research Paper
PayPal G2A PAY
Facebook Twitter Google+
- Writing College Essays
- Write My Paper for Me
- Write My Paper for Cheap
- Essay Writing Service
- Types of Essays
- Pay for Term Papers
- How to Write a Good Essay
- Buy Cheap Essays
- Free Essays
- Do My Essay
- Dissertation Assistance
- Dissertation Writing Service
- Cheap Custom Essays
- EssayShark Legit
- Research Papers for Sale
- College Essay Writing Service
- Term Paper Writing Service
- Write My College Essay
- Buy College Essays
- Cheap Dissertation
- Philosophy Essay Writing Service
- Research Paper Writing Service
© 2011 — 2018, EssayShark.com.