- Useful Advice
Creative Autobiography Examples
Example of Autobiography of a Student
My name is Elizabeth Austen. I was born on May 2, 2002 in Marseille, France. I was raised as a child of two cultures: American and French. Although my parents were born in the USA, they left for Marseille after their wedding because of career goals. My father is a translator, and my mother is an art consultant, so the atmosphere of our house was creative and artistic. It was difficult for me to make friends with French peers. That’s…
Example of Autobiography about Yourself
I don’t want to write the story of my life. Actually, I’m not sure that you will read even about this short, albeit significant episode of my life journey. I’ve decided to write about this moment because I really want to memorize it. I want to share the story about one car ride that has changed the way I see myself and the people around me. I was 14 years old, and the whole world was a mystery to me….
This paper is an example of how autobiography essay should be written. However, this autobiography sample cannot be used as your own, since it will obviously be plagiarism. We do, however, hope this paper will serve as a source of inspiration for you while writing your own story. When I think back on my entire life, I cannot find the moment when it started. However, I do have a pretty vivid memory of this huge wave of fear coming towards…
Learn to Write with These Autobiography Examples
You are the one person that knows yourself the best. Your autobiography is a great occasion to show yourself to the world. There is no need to be a famous person to write an autobiography, as any human being can leave a place in history by writing an autobiography.
An autobiography is a written text about your life. It may be in the form of a memoir, or it may stick to a more formal tone; this all will depend on the situation. Autobiographies can be written for various purposes: to introduce yourself to the world, to get into a particular program in an educational institution, for an internship, for a scholarship, for job position, volunteering, etc. Here you can find more autobiography ideas .
Usually, there are no requirements for writing the autobiography. But in case you are required to write an autobiography for university or a company, you may be given a list of requirements or recommendations. It may happen that you won’t be able to remember all facts from your life, so check your Facebook page, notes, diplomas, and other sources that will remind you of the meaningful moments from your life.
Also, there are no word limits for an autobiography, but in some cases it will be advisable to make it as brief as possible. Like in the case of an autobiography for a job position or educational autobiography – limit yourself to one page. The work can be divided into these parts: basic information, timeline, first experience, striking memories, and the most valuable people in your life.
Here at AnswerShark, you can find many well-written autobiography sample essays. Our examples may be helpful for high school students, elementary students, for business, and for creative people.
Why You Need to Write an Autobiography: Short Autobiography Examples for Inspiration
Did you know that writing an autobiography can be beneficial both for your career and mental health? Exploring your life in every single detail can help you lead a more meaningful and happy life. Here is a list of reasons that proves why every person needs to write an autobiography.
First, an autobiography is a great way to look at your life from the other side. Look back on the moments that became a turning point in your life. Think of situations that forced you to change your mind, interests, and other details that make your life. Remember the events or people that make you happy. Consider things that make you sad. All of this information will help you understand who you are.
Secondly, an autobiography has a therapeutic effect. If you are suffering from low self-esteem, when you think that your life is meaningless, or you just feel sad – write an autobiography. With the help of an autobiography you will understand yourself better and change the attitude toward yourself for the better. You will see a complete picture of your life, as we usually think in “pieces” and frequently cannot tie everything together. A person who has written an autobiography understands who he or she is.
Thirdly, an autobiography can help you decide what work you need. Analyze your professional skills and work experience. What do you like in your current position? Would you like to change it? What skills do you need to develop to get the desired job? Think about the most important point in your dream job.
Fourthly, an autobiography is a great way to learn how to write fiction. It’s not easy to pick a good story. Maybe, your life is not about adventures or twists of fate, but any event that evoked strong feeling may become a good topic to write about. It is believed that every author writes each book about themselves. Even if the author talks to us with various characters, he or she shares personal experiences. Focus on your life – it can give even more interesting ideas than your imagination. Here the autobiography can be used both as fiction and as a source of information.
And lastly, an autobiography is a great way to share your feelings with the reader. If you have overcome a hard part of your life (death of a beloved, war, disease, etc.) you can share this experience with the reader. An autobiography is a great way to tell people in the same situation that there is a way out. Sharing experience is a valuable act, as it may better someone’s life.
If you have decided to write an autobiography, you can start by answering the following questions:
- Who am I?
- What are the most memorable events in my life?
- What has influenced me as a person?
- What can I do the best?
- What are my strong qualities?
- How have I come to it?
Features of a Good Autobiography: Example of Autobiography About Yourself
If you are writing a memoir about your life and plan to show this work with the public, you need to know what features it should have to be a good autobiography.
- The title draws the reader’s attention. The reader should easily understand what the work will be about. Sometimes “Autobiography” is enough. But if you want to give meaning to the title, you can choose the core event or idea from your story and place it in the title. If you can’t come up with a powerful title, come back to it when all chapters will be finished.
- The text is written in story form. An autobiography is not just a couple of facts from your life – the text should be interesting and easy to read. Even if you are writing an official autobiography for work, you still need to attract the reader with good text.
- All events are placed in chronological order. The story should unfold as life goes. Skipping chronological order is unacceptable for an autobiography, as it will puzzle the reader. Don’t jump from one event to another.
- The author evaluates the events and shows causal relationships. An autobiography involves self-evaluation and self-criticism. The author needs to show the reader that as a result of a certain event he or she has obtained new experience or a changed view on life. A good autobiography explains how new experiences have influenced the subsequent life of the author.
- The story highlights the most interesting and meaningful events. Yes, an autobiography is not about every single day of your life. A good autobiography tells about the key events that have influenced the author’s life the most.
- The author shares his or her own point of view. The author shouldn’t be afraid to show more that can be told in a story. A good autobiography tells how the author has come to the recent worldview. So, tell about your experience, life challenges, and the problems that you have faced.
A good autobiography creates a certain image of the person and shows how events in his or her life have formed the person as an individual.
How an Example of Autobiography Essay Can Help You
You may be puzzled with how autobiography samples can help you, as every autobiography should be written about a particular person. Yes, every human’s life is unique. But in fact, samples can give you a general idea of how one or another event can be presented. If you don’t know how to write an autobiography in the right way – it’s time to learn from the best writing examples.
A student’s autobiography or an autobiography for a job position usually follow certain principles and a specified format. It’s the shortest and most formal type of biography. The finished samples can help you come up with a great outline that you can apply to your own autobiography. For example, from an example of autobiography of a student you can learn what the most popular points are that should be highlighted in the paper and how to present them in the best way.
If you need to write an autobiography for a volunteering organization or internship, you will need to write a more detailed autobiography. From the sample you can learn how to describe your own character and skills for people who still don’t know anything about you.
In addition, a good autobiography sample can give you some ideas of what to write about or help you to remember certain events from your life. Besides, an autobiography example may give you great ideas about how to write an autobiography introduction paragraph or conclusion. You can use the sample as a template for your future paper, or adapt the writing style. You can learn what tools the authors use in their autobiographies. For example, you can study how the author links experience from one event and explains how it has influenced the subsequent life experience.
The Best Personal Autobiography Samples From AnswerShark
Writing an autobiography is a challenging and interesting work. And to make it easier, we have placed several autobiography samples on our website. All of them were written by students and professional writers. All autobiographies differ, but in fact, you can adapt the sample for your own needs. For example, if you are writing an autobiography for work, you will need to concentrate on your professional skills and qualities, while for an autobiography for a program or a degree you will need to mention your publications and academic experience.
In addition, we recommend you to read our guide on how to write a short autobiography to have a better understanding of the writing process and avoid possible mistakes. Hopefully, you will find our source helpful and easily create an outstanding autobiography!
- Retirement Farewell Speech Sample
- Farewell Speech Example
- Business Owner Farewell Speech Sample
- Receiving a Twenty Year Service Award
- Princeton Graduation Speech
- Never Giving up on a Dream
- Medical Student Graduation Speech
- Tribute Presentation Sample
- Greenpeace Organization
- Treatments of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Marketing Manager Speech Sample
- Demographic Policy and Abortion in China
- Causes of Teenage Drug Addiction
- Positive Effects of Classical Music
- Developing of Professional Skills of the Employees
- College Psychologist Speech
- How to Plan an International Trip
- Demonstrating a Marketing Plan for New Product Line
- Destructive Effects of GMO on Children
- Child Adoption
- Become a Volunteer
- Why Videos Go Viral
- Party Planning for Children’s Birthday Parties
- Modern Relationship Problems Presentation Sample
- The Advantages of Jogging
- Let’s Become Vegetarians
- Killing Routines
AN EXAMPLE OF A SHORT AUTOBIOGRAPHY.docx
You are on page 1of 25
Share this document
Share or Embed Document
- Share on Facebook, opens a new window
- Share on Twitter, opens a new window
- Share on LinkedIn, opens a new window
- Share with Email, opens mail client
- Copy Text
- Missionary (Lds Church)
- Valuation (Finance)
Pages 3 to 25 are not shown in this preview.